Welcome to Ketchikan
Located in the far south of Alaska, Ketchikan is a beautiful area with the Tongass Narrows and Deer Mountain for a backdrop.
Some of the locations you will have the opportunity to visit include:
- Thomas Basin Harbour
- the Chief Kyan Totem Museum
- the Red Light District
- the Stedman Thomas Historic District
On this audio tour, you will also learn about the history and legends of the local aboriginal tribes. Immerse yourself in Ketchikan, the Salmon Capital of the World. Your Tour. Your Way.
- 1. Walk along the beautiful scenery, quirky shops and see the salmon in the creek.
- 2. Spend a couple of hours at the Totem Heritage Centre exploring the poles and learning about the Tlingit, Tsimshian, and Haida Native cultures.
- 3. Dolly's House is located on Creek Street and is like a step back in time, to back when the street was the Red Light District of Ketchikan.
- 4. The Tongass Historical Museum gives a nice overview of how the logging and fishing industries and the local First Nation cultures influenced the history of Ketchikan