Welcome to Seward
Discover the beautiful and scenic city of Seward. Surrounded by mountains and the Resurrection Bay, this picturesque location was once devastated by an earthquake, tidal waves and fire in 1964. Since then it has evolved into a thriving community.
Some of the locations you will have the opportunity to visit include:
- the Old Alaska Railway Depot
- Seward Museum
- the Institute of History and Art
- the Alaska Sea Life Centre
Quaint, quirky and full of interesting tales and historical information, this tour takes you on a journey of years gone by. Your Tour. Your Way.
- 1. The Sea Life Center has some wonderful attributes such as being able to touch the reef-life and get a better understanding of sea lions and harbour seals
- 2. The Seward Museum is a hidden treasure located inside the Seward Library and it has displays on the railroad system, sled dogs, early Seward, and so much more.
- 3. The Coastal Classic, considered by many as the most scenic train ride in America, travels through spectacualr scenery going from Seward at the Old Alaska Railroad Depot to Anchorage
- 4. On the shore of Resurrection Bay, the Founder's Monument commemorates the arrival of John Ballaine and his party