Welcome to Wellington
This historical tour of downtown Wellington provides an insight into the city’s past from the arrival of the Maori many centuries ago, European colonisation, and its growth as a liberal and cultural haven.
Some of the locations you will have the opportunity to visit include:
- The National Museum (Te Papa)
- The iconic cable car
- The Botanical Gardens
This audio tour is the perfect guide for your visit to Wellington. Your Tour. Your Way.
- 1. Te Papa Museum free, fascinating, and an easy place to grab a quick lunch while soaking up New Zealand history and culture.
- 2. Museum of Wellington City & Sea is a compact museum that tells the story of Wellington's development and connection with the sea
- 3. Wellington Cable Car is a fun little trek up a steep hill that takes you to a wonderful spot overlooking the city of Wellington and harbour
- 4. For an understanding of the New Zealand parliamentary system visiting the Parliament is a must